Wednesday 9 May 2012

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer Review

So I apologise for not posting in a few days but today was my first exam so I needed to revise and just focus on that. It went okay I think it was a viva which is basically a mini interview with your lecturer so I was quite nervous but I'm pretty happy with how it went so thats good. Anyway the main reason for this post is to do a review on the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer. I got this shortly after doing my wishlist post because I'd seen good reviews and wanted to give it a try.




I got mine from Boots and it was on offer for £7.99 (Usually £11.99) which I think is a bargain, I was using a Clinque pore refiner but they cheekily upped the price of it before Christmas and I haven't repurchased it because I thought it was a bit of a rip off to be honest. Anyway first impressions of this product were good, I love the packaging, feels nice and heavy, and it has a pump! The pump makes it easy to dispense the right amount so there isn't any waste. You get loads for your money because a little of this goes a long way and its a 27ml jar.

The product itself goes on smoothly and is clear, also no shimmery bits for us that don't want to look like we've dipped our face in glitter. One thing I would say is that you really do not need a lot of this because you can start to see it if you overdo it, I did notice a slight white section where I hadn't fully blended near my nose. Also if you have dry skin, moisturise before using this! It will pick up any dry patches. Apart from that there are no other bad points, it makes my skin feel extremely soft and has definitely helped where I have redness and reduced any pores I could see. It's very easy to apply and worked well with my foundation, however if I was having a reasonable skin day I would wear just the primer because it really does leave a nice feel and look to the skin.

All in all a great product for the price, i'm very impressed. Oh one thing I would say is check the 'ingredients' of your foundation, if you use liquid. Water is the main component to the primer so always go like for like, if you have an oil based foundation this probably won't work as well because water and oil don't mix, but if like me your foundation is water based you should be fine! If not then a powder would work really well with this primer.

Anyway I hope everyone is having a great day, i'm off to revise for my next exam...can it just be summer already!? :)
x 

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you think it's a good product because I saw it at my local grocery store and really wanted to buy it but I wasn't sure how it would look! Thanks!

    :)
    xx

    Daydream Frenzy

    Swimsuit Giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, I was the same but its nice product i'm glad I bought it! :) x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Iv heard so many good things about this, but wasnt too sure how it would be!
    Great review! :)
    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same and I always get a bit dubious about hyped up products but this is really nice! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  3. I love this :) I ran out so I've been using 17s primer but I don't like it much so il be buying this again when it runs out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I was looking at 17s primer actually but decided on this one, glad I did now! x

      Delete