Sunday 1 July 2012

Dare to imPRESS

So I've been a bit behind with my posting but it was my birthday this Wednesday just gone and i've got a few posts lined up about things I got as gifts but also a couple of mini hauls because i've been a bit naughty with shopping lately...oops. Anyway I had a lovely birthday and this first post is about the (relatively) new imPRESS nails by Broadway Nails. Now i'd seen a few posts on these and I wasn't really struck by them, i'm not really a fake nails kind of person and recently I haven't been painting my nails either. However the day before my birthday my sister gave me a pack of these to try out, and I was a bit dubious however after having them on for nearly five days now I have to admit that I really like them!



This design is called TGIF, and at first I was leaning towards the 'they're a bit tacky' feelings about these nails, as i've seen a lot of people say, however i've found that i've enjoyed wearing them and they are quite cheerful for summer, despite the atrocious weather we're having! My dislike for fake nails has previously come from the fact that they can be fiddly to apply and prone to dropping off at any given moment, however these are so simple to apply, I took me literally about five minutes after i'd decided on sizes. You just peel of the backing and press down, and these bad boys do not move an inch once they are on! It says on the box 'lasts up to a week' and so far i'm on day five and they are still firmly on and look exactly the same as when I put them on. I'm extremely impressed and today I went out a bought another pair called Rated R, which are a plain burgandy colour, which i'd seen before and really loved.

So overall I'd definitely recommend these, they are a tad tacky depending which pattern you go for, but to be honest who cares!? They are fun, easy and quick to use, you can get them in Boots and they cost £7.99 for plain colours and £8.99 for patterned ones, but the last a long time and i'm sure you can use them again if you wanted to with nail glue, plus you get 24 in a pack so plently to do another set with. I'll definitely be using these again.
x


9 comments:

  1. I keep eyeing these, I am pretty tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of these and they lasted about an hour on me but I've seen so many posts saying they're good I'm tempted to buy some more in case I got a dodgy pack haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I haven't seen anyone else say that's happened to them, perhaps it was a dodgy pack :(. My sister has been trying some as well and her's have stayed on for well over a week now so i'm hoping that the new ones I bought will be just as good :) x

      Delete
  3. These are so cute!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're amazing, I love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them as well, i've had so many comments from people asking me where I get my nails done, i'm so impressed with them :) x

      Delete
  5. These are gorgeous! They've definitely got that slightly vintage, summery, almost over the top vibe to them that makes them unique(: xoxo

    ReplyDelete